04 April 2009

Odds and Ends

All-in-all today was a pretty quiet day. Ford had a very good night's sleep. His weight was up a pound. Then it was shot time. Ugh.

General Conference was good. Ford programmed before it started, during the noon break between sessions, and then afterwards until dinner.

It looks like my cold is beginning to wane. It will be very nice not to need to wear a mask all the time. I sit with Ford while he eats and then I eat later (I can't eat with a mask on and I don't want to expose him especially while he eats) so it will be very nice when the cold runs its course. Sleeping in another room has had some advantages, but our bed is more comfortable. It all may seem a bit extreme, but so far Ford hasn't caught what I've had. Every day closer to Tuesday gives him a better chance at building those WBC.

Ford received another hat today. I think I like this one best. When DD#3 (darling daughter) gets home next week with her camera, we'll try and get some pictures posted of Ford and his hats.

I read this today and thought it was worth sharing:

"There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again. But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing." (Small and Simple Things, Marjorie Pay Hinckley, Deseret Book, 2003; p.102.)




1 comment:

  1. Conference: I bet it was nice to be able to "go to church."

    I really enjoyed the sessions this year. It's great listening to them at work on Saturday. Sunday's a little harder with a houseful of grandkids but I wouldn't have it any other way.

    If I don't get in touch by Tuesday, know that my wishes and prayers are with you.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete