15 March 2009

Round 1 Day 20

It appears that Ford might have overdone a little on Friday. He woke up Saturday morning feeling less than 100% (of what he has currently been feeling). So we hunkered down and kept things pretty low key for the day.

His weight made a tremendous jump. My first guess was fluid retention but Ford pointed out that he did not have as much intake as he normally does. He can tell because he gets a headache and that is what he woke up with.

I think that the pattern may be that he has a great gain one day and then a loss the next. However, it totals out to be a small gain overall. So we are seeing a bit of progress.

We have kept him guarded from the general public a little longer than we might have this week. Although according to what we have been told that his white blood cell count should be on the rise this week, he was on antibiotics until last Tuesday. When the children were little, the doctor told me that the third day after finishing an antibiotic was a day that they were most susceptible to catch something new. Going on that assumption, he has tried to be careful. At this point, we don't want to take any chances.

Ford continues to be pleasant and upbeat. He is noticing that he is beginning to shed his hair. He is yet undecided how he is going to handle the total fallout.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, you don't know me, but I am friends with Lalani. I hope you don't mind me commenting. I had Hodgkin's lymphoma last year and went through 6 months (12 rounds) of chemo. As I've read through your blog, it's brought back so many memories. Scary stuff, this cancer business. We'll be praying for a successful treatment for you. Sounds like you've already had some scares. I really found a lot of support at an online forum http://forums.lymphoma.com/index.php. Hope it's okay if I stop by and check to see how you're doing every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the bald look is in!

    Good luck with tomorrow's round of chemo. If I was catholic I'd pray for St. Patrick to be with you.

    We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete